Acen 2014 Highlights
Now that’s finally over, here are my weekend in brief overview. I’ve only went Friday and Saturday by the way.
- Refreshing feeling of going to a con after skipping out last year.
- Walking around for hours makes up my lack of leg exercise.
- Seeing my friends going to acen for the first time.
- Nobuo Uematsu casually walking around the panel lines.
- Meeting up with cool new peeps especially in the hotel room.
- Trying out free drinks (thanks bartender dude!).
- Some nice cosplays, especially Daft Punk, Mass Effect, Attack on Titan, and Kill la Kill.
- Custom Gundam models on display.
- Met Vertical Ed.
- Didn’t spend a penny on a single merchandise.
- Crowded more than ever.
- No bag policy in the video game room.
- Missing out on some panels.
- Panel schedule collision.
- Irrational fans.
- Half the cosplays are hideous to look at when it doesn’t match their physique.
- Project H’s panel scheduled very late/early at night/morning.
- I still don’t see a vendor selling j-rpgs.
- Some people with terrible hygiene.
- No free wi-fi.
- One of my buddies waiting in registration line for more than 3 hours.
- AMV events shafted off the guidebook.
- Not enough spare PS3 consoles for me to try out GundamVS Extreme Full Boost and share the fun.
- The prices, oh gosh, I could go on about this how everything is so freakin expensive.
- The lack of fast food places or affordable diners in the area.
- Still can’t find the Gundam X Divider HG.
- Sold out Final Fantasy concert tickets early in the morning.
- No Jpop/Jrock store? Seriously? Fuck kpop.
- Embassy hotel’s sloooooow elevator.
- Aniplex of America.
Chances of me going next year is pretty high. Hotel room is a possibility if I can enough people to split.